I had a fabulous Valentine’s Day.
There are days when I know I look fucking good, and this was one of those days. Thighs out, ass-length braids, fishnet stockings, over-the-knee boots—baby, I was serving.
I saw a show with the burlesque troupe Sweet Spot Nation. They put on an adult variety show, and I was thoroughly entertained. There was a singing guitarist, erotic spoken word, some sensuous sex play (with clothing on, of course)0, and girls shaking titties and ass. There were also two comedy performances, and those were funny too.
If you ever get the opportunity to see them live, I highly recommend it.
Men are so weird
And that’s really all I have to say about it. I have experienced from truly odd behavior from men lately, and it has me scratching my head like, “Huh?” In no specific order, here are a few gripes:
- Why go out of your way to get my attention if you don’t know what to do with it once you get it?
- Similarly, if you express interest in me and I’m like, “OK, what’s up,” why do y’all act like you want to leave it up to me to figure out what comes next? You approached me, you goofy.
- Stop creating a debate around what you wish I had said instead of what I actually said. A lot of you come with a chip on your shoulder and you want to argue a point I never even made. If you want to know why I stopped talking/texting with you, that’s why, sir.
- I am a tequila drinker. I sip my (expensive, top shelf)) tequila, and I don’t chase it, so I am absolutely not going to chase after a nigga either.
- Likewise, I am not in the business of selling myself to a man. You see the material. If you need convincing, maybe I’m not the one for you. Move around.
- You realize I have an entire writing life that keeps me pretty busy right? I have also made it very clear to everyone that my phone is permanently on Do Not Disturb. Please stop wrapping yourself in a feelings burrito when I don’t respond to your call or text within ten seconds. We are all adults. Grow up.
This is the funniest shit I have seen today
Granted, I was high as a kite when I watched this (Thank you, Sour Cherry Jesus)), but I laughed so loud and hard.
In case it disappears or gets deleted, this is a video of a girl who got her hair done with a really pretty platinum blonde wig for Valentine’s Day. It looked gorgeous on her. Fast forward to sometime after V Day or the styling of said wig, she is walking into her stylist’s space with her pretty blonde wig hanging halfway off her head. In her hand, she holds the wig of a girl she had a fight with. She beat the girl up and took her wig.
She gives the wig to her stylist, who repairs the wig, styles it, and installs it on the girl’s head.
She is now walking around wearing the wig of her opponent.
No makeup, but still pretty!
Dinner: garlicky cabbage with chicken sausage and wild rice. It was delicious; thank you for asking.